Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good Intentions

Michael Lane writes in his thought provoking devotional You Never Thoroughly Intended It:


"I'm busy! I have work to do! I'm tired! Wrap the excuse any way you wish and surround it by any reason you like. When you unwrap it, what you will find inside every time is the same basic truth. You don't intend to have a better relationship with Jesus. 

The relationship you have with Jesus is exactly the one you want to have. When you want to have a closer, deeper relationship with Him, you will. Nothing in this world can prevent it."

Lane's words struck a nerve.  Do I want a closer, deeper relationship with Jesus?  I believe that I do desire this. Yet, if I'm honest with myself I have to admit that I don't always pursue my relationship with the Lord in a way that reflects my desire.  As a writer I'm much too eager to jump into the day with hands poised on the keyboard, rather than giving first priority to Bible reading and prayer.  And I have to wonder how much more of an impact my writing would have if Jesus had first place.

So, okay.  Now that I've written this down and published it, I'm accountable to all of you reading this as well as accountable to the Lord Jesus to put my good intentions into action.  "Nothing in this world can prevent it."

Joyfully giving Jesus all the glory!

--NR


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.