Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Adam's Rib

Dennis and I met last October through an online Christian dating service. He wrote in his profile, "I want a wife that I can cherish as Christ loved the church". Those words hit me hard.  Christ loved the church so much that He gave His very life for it. If Dennis desired to love his wife that way, then he was a man I wanted to know.

It didn't take long for me to realize that Dennis is an honest man and that every word he wrote is true. In this joyful altitude where we live he delivers on that promise every day. I've never felt more loved or cherished in my life.  

This Matthew Henry quote came across my laptop screen today:
"The woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled on by him; but out of his side to be equal to him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved."

I am equal with my husband and he treats me as such. But he also protects and loves me. A wonderful combination.

--NR




1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment.