Friday, August 19, 2011

The Joy of Little Things


"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."-- Robert  Brault


It's Palisades peach time again in Colorado and my tastes buds are doing the happy dance. There's only one thing better than a luscious, juicy, fresh peach, and that's a second luscious, juicy, fresh peach.

Little things always seem to rev my motor more than big things. Today has been filled with the pleasure of little things.

A young buck in our back yard early this morning. . .

Watching the horses from my kitchen window while the coffee brews. . .

A visit from our resident wildflower-eating bunny. . .


The American flag Dennis hangs on our barn every morning (yes, we're hopeless patriots). . .

Geraniums in my window. . .

I enjoy spending time with friends. We've invited a couple of artist friends over for a cookout tonight. We'll share a simple meal and conversation. Mostly we'll talk about little things.

"I am beginning to learn it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
-- Laura Ingalls Wilder
Nancy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.