Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Deerly Beloved

"The mountains are never so far apart but the animals find one another." ~ American Proverb


Every time I see the above photo of the deer outside my neighbor's house, I smile. They seem to be in a confab, don't you think? What could they be talking about?
Which neighbor has the tastiest garden?
Best spots to bunk for the night?
The challenges of fawn-rearing?


It's been a great summer for deer watching. A few weeks ago, I caught this doe nursing her twin fawns in our driveway in the early morning. . .


After breakfast the fawns went exploring. . .




and ended up in the dirt pile next to our house. . .


I'm pretty sure they were the same frolicking fawns I photographed a month earlier behind our barn. . .


When I snapped this photo of one of the twin fawns, I thought of the joy of the redeemed of which Isaiah wrote: 
"Then will the lame leap like a deer,
   and the mute tongue shout for joy." 



May the joy of the redeemed be yours.



Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.