Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday's Fence - Ridgway, Colorado

Last weekend we took a trip down the Western Slope to the town of Ridgway.  As it was primarily a business trip, I didn't have a lot of time for photography. I did, however, manage to capture this unique fence outside the Adobe Inn , where we had a yummy dinner.


Is this fence quintessential western, or 
is just  plain falling down from neglect? 
You decide.


(By the way, did you notice the 
very cool adobe home in the distance?)

Little southwestern lights decorated the fence every few yards. Undeniable charm. 
And let's face it, I'm all about charm.


Truthfully, I'm kinda coveting those lights. 
I think they'd look pretty cute around our homestead.


What do you think?


"Let your light shine before men in such a way 
that they may see your good works, 
and glorify your Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 5:16



Nancy
For more great fence images hop on over to 


11 comments:

  1. Tumbledown charm I think Nancy. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting LindyLou. Love your clouds!

      Delete
  2. That first image is stunning.. simply gorgeous.
    Have a fab weekend
    Shaun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shaun. Your photographs of the mansion are wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Falling down or not it makes a fantastic photo. I love the lights on the fence.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. :) And thanks for the nice comments. Blessings.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love how you've framed that first shot, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kala. Your Mac shot is impressive. Love it.

      Delete
  5. Colorado is a place with much beauty. Love your shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty place. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I really liked your shot of the fence(s). Blessings.

      Delete
  6. I really like the first shot.

    BTW, I don't know if anyone else had trouble with your link at Friday's fences...but I had to do a google search to find your blog...so if you don't get many hits from people there maybe that is the reason.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.