Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cross on the Mountain


We've had beautiful weather this week. Lot of sunshine, few clouds. Temperature in the high 50's - 60's.

This was the view driving into our neighborhood Tuesday afternoon. I stopped and took the photo about 1/4 mile from our homestead. Shooting from this distance gives the best view of Prospect Mountain, which overshadows us, but you can't see our place from here. 
It's another 1/8 mile up the street on the right.

If you look closely you'll see a cross at the top center of the mountain. Seeing the cross every day brings me comfort.

Blessings,

Nancy

Sharing with



9 comments:

  1. wow, very hazy there. or maybe the is effect you put onto the photo. ha. ha!! either way ... great shot. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was just a very brownish kind of day. Except the sky was brilliant blue.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Theresa, I have to say it again. . .LOVE the ghost horse. You definitely have a great eye for photography.

      Delete
  3. Lovely view, Nancy -- it must be a joy to see each time you pass. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I never take it for granted. Can't imagine I would. . .but we humans have a tendency to neglect the beauty around us.

      Delete
  4. Oh I do see the cross! It took me a minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's subtle, I know. Have a great weekend Lisa.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I see the cross! What an uplifting sight as you drive toward home each day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.